That pesky "maintenance required" light came on and I finally took the car into the dealership for its needed oil change. I got to the dealership and one of my regular service advisors assisted me, Paul Dolan. As he wrote up my service order, he told me to check out a surfboard that he had painted that was hanging inside the waiting area of the Service Dept. I don't know what made him want to tell me about his art....maybe it was the artsy jewelry magazines that I was carrying, maybe I looked like a fellow artist or....maybe he just wanted to share it with someone. I love when people want to share their artwork with me....I always feel honored, because art is a very personal thing and it can be a very vulnerable, but great experience for the artist. I also love the interaction with fellow artists, its like we have this unspoken instant connection....that we are part of a secret brotherhood of sorts. I am always amazed at the creativity that people have and how they express it. So I not only got my oil changed, I also got to see a mini art show of sorts. It goes to show that you can find art in places that you would not expect.
Paul Dolan's surfboard (pictured below) is displayed at the Toyota Carlsbad Service Center in Carlsbad, CA. Paul paints surfboards, boogie boards and also does painting on plexiglass sheets. Paul creates artwork under the business name of 'Pauldoeartco' (Paul Doe Art Co).
No comments:
Post a Comment