Tuesday, April 19, 2011
My Name is Karilyn, and I am a Beadaholic
Probably the one supply or material that I buy for no specific project at any given time are beads. I have quite a stash of beads!! I know that there are other crafters, artists, sewers, etc that have hoards of papers, fabrics, found objects, old photos, buttons, fibers, paints, pens and pencils, embellishments......and beads. I've thought about the reason for my hoard of beads and I've decided that I buy and hoard beads because I need to have them, but not for any specific purpose. I buy beads because I like their color, sparkle, shape, texture, patina....and so on. I usually buy beads with no project in mind or with a general idea of what I may do with them. Rarely do go bead shopping for a project and have a design sketched out or shopping list made of the bead types, sizes, colors, etc that I need. I guess I am a 'bead by the seat of my pants' kind of gal. To add to my craziness of bead buying, my husband will occasionally go with me to bead shows or stores and will show me things that catch his eye....I appreciate this because he often shows me strings of beads that I would have otherwise overlooked and gets me to look at colors, in particular, that I am normally not drawn to. And of course, my husband is enabling me to add to my stash o' beads. For now, I will make occasional additions to my bead stash, but I am going to start making time for creating. I want to bring those beads out of their boxes and bags and let them shine......then I can go bead shopping for more!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment