Saturday, April 9, 2011

Disney is in the details

It has been said that "God is in the details" and I believe Disney also understands detail. On a recent visit to California Adventure at the Disneyland Resort, I took some pictures around the Hollywood Backlot and side street area that leads to the Tower of Terror. The details that Disney put into some of the facades and architecture are phenomenal. For me, this is pure eye candy. Not only did Disney do a great job of 'reproducing' beautiful buildings, but they also transport you to another time and era. You catch a glimpse of early to mid 20th century California architecture. The influence of Art Nouveau, Greek Revival, Victorian, Gothic and Spanish design are mixed for a unique look. I took quite a few pictures, but I plan on going back for more....I like having a stash of photos like this for inspiration and reference for my own artwork.







No comments:

Post a Comment