I've been creating since I can remember....whether it was by coloring, drawing, cutting or pasting. I always looked at 'raw' materials with great wonder. I may not have always known (and still sometimes don't) what I would do with any particular swatch of fabric or ball of yarn or piece of construction paper, but I usually took great interest in its color, texture, pattern or any other properties it held. With some materials I knew exactly what I wanted to do and delved in....in other cases I stowed the treasure away waiting for inspiration to come along. I still use my materials this same way today. There are those pieces of ephemera, beads, fabric, scrapbook paper, etc that call my name and immediately let me know what they are meant for. On the other hand there are those things, particularly found objects or discarded items that beg to be brought home, but have no immediate need to tell me how they wish to be implemented. My hope is that this blog will tell the story of how I 'hunt & gather', plan and assemble any given piece of jewelry or collaged item I come up with. I would have just used the word create in the last sentence, but I have found in the last few years that I truly plan my work. I'm no longer the young girl who just wants to use something because I find it interesting or beautiful, I am a maturing artist that wishes to honor what I have found and to share it with others.
In future posts, I want to not only share my art work and my process of producing it, but also some of the other creative outlets that I have run into.
No comments:
Post a Comment