Saturday, August 20, 2011

Self Exiled from 'Beadland'

As of Thursday, August 18th, 2011, I have officially self exiled myself from any sort of bead shopping. That means no bead shops, no bead fairs or shows, no bead departments or aisles (as in JoAnns, Michaels, Hobby Lobby....not even Walmart!) and no online shopping (Fire Mountain, Artbeads, Fusion Beads, eBay, Etsy or any other such online venue!). I have not come to this self exile because my husband saw the bags and bags of beads in my craft room.....I have done this to myself because I have found more than enough beads to almost open my own bead shop and have yet to do much with them! If there ever was an episode of 'Hoarders' that profiled a woman with a huge mostly unused stash of beads.....that would be me! Granted, opening various bags and plastic tubs to see what I have and deciding how to organize it all has been like Christmas. Its funny how you sometimes forget what you have until you revisit it. Needless to say, I have plenty of beads to play with and to create things with. I just need to start delving into the stash and into my imagination. So if you see me shopping for beads in the next year.....shoosh me back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment